Juneau Alliance for Mental Health, Inc.
A former Juneau resident who underwent surgery for a brain aneurysm was mistakenly injected with a highly toxic antiseptic solution and died, hospital officials have admitted.
The first call came in at noon. An ambulance with two medics was dispatched from the downtown fire station. The patient arrived at Bartlett Regional Hospital's emergency room just before 2 p.m., according to firefighters.
English language and citizenship classes, 5:30-7 p.m., Juneau Adult Education Center, 210 Ferry Way. Sponsored by South East Alaska Literacy. Call 586-5718. Board of Education Budget Committee meeting, 5 p.m., District Office. Twin Lakes Restoration Group meeting, 5 p.m., DIPAC conference room.
The following are some of the new and renewed business licensed filed with the state's Department of Community and Economic Development as of Feb. 8:
Union representatives have proposed to the city manager that workers take over the Department of Health and Social Services - ostensibly to run it in the black - rather than lose it to private mental health service providers.
I thank Mike Sica for writing about Heather Barr's leadership and advocacy in New York for the betterment of the mentally ill. To learn of a young adult born and raised in Alaska working for the right's of the mentally ill is a dream come true. Ms. Barr's parents must be very proud.
Muriel, a grandmother from a southern state, can no longer live alone and has been brought to Alaska to live in the home of one of her adult children. Muriel misses her home and friends and is having trouble adjusting to the rain and dark winters of Southeast Alaska.
Thanks to the Angoon fans who stayed late during the evenings to watch the Angoon ladies play. We really appreciate it. It made us work a little harder. Thanks. Why on earth can't something be done about Egan Drive and Glacier Highway?
Juneau Empire ©2013. All Rights Reserved.