Refine Search

Eagle Harbor Trail to be dedicated June 2

...busy place. It was the start of a pioneer road and tram system that served the tiny settlement of Amalga and the Eagle River mine, not far from Eagle Glacier. Sound off on the important issues at It is about seven miles from the beach to the...
Amalga Trail leads to Eagle Glacier

...Amalga, a small town at the Eagle River Mine not far from Eagle Glacier...tree. Bart Thane was the first Eagle River Mine superintendent. He later developed...year 1909 was the best for the Eagle River Mine, with 20 stamps in operation...
A quarterback, business man and visionary

...Juneau Gold Belt and had a mountain, of which the Eagle River Mine is on the southeast slope, named after him.Through...and a residential area. The town of Amalga and the Eagle River Mine have long since gone away but Thane's mountain remains...
Accumulated fragments: The little long-lost towns and villages of the CBJ

...territorial ferry to Haines operated during the summer months from a landing on the south side of Tee Harbor.AmalgaThe Eagle River Mine was discovered in 1902 at the base of Thane Mountain. It is located about four miles from tidewater and 22 miles...
Neighbors | 100 Anniversary


  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2270
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback