http://sealaska.com
  •  
  •  
Gastineau Apartments fire: Arson or accident?

The Gastineau Apartments were supposed to have been shuttered after a fire caused by an unattended candle ripped through the building two years ago.Deemed unsafe and uninhabitable by smoke and fire damage, its 50 or so residents were...

http://juneauempire.com/local/2015-03-24/gastineau-apartments-fire-arson-or-acci
Local
CCFR: Unattended candle caused downtown fire

...floor of a downtown apartment building last week was a burning candle left unattended.Fire Marshal Daniel Jager said in a release...the Gastineau Apartments, 127 South Franklin Street, left a candle burning in a bedroom. The fire began on the floor and spread...

http://juneauempire.com/local/2012-11-15/ccfr-unattended-candle-caused-downtown-
Local
Candle causes small apartment fire

JUNEAU - An unattended candle led to a small fire in a Douglas apartment...Mohrmann said some material fell into a candle and started a larger fire on a counter...And, never ever, ever leave a candle burning while sleeping," he said.

http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/040108/reg_263940567.shtml
Photo: Lighting a candle

Keith Pahlke lights a candle on Oct. 5 at Aldersgate United Methodist Church in honor of Mental Illness Awareness Week.

http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/101008/nei_342481270.shtml
Police & Fire for Sunday, Feb. 8, 2015

...responded to a false fire alarm on F Street (alarm was activated by a power outage) and investigated the reported smell of candle wax on Twelve Street. A faint odor was found, but no smoke or fire was seen, so no further action was taken.Fraud? At...

http://juneauempire.com/local/2015-02-08/police-fire-sunday-feb-8-2015
Local
Photos: Mahle memorial

A candle light vigil was held for former coach Brandon Mahle on the Thunder Mountain High School football field on Friday night. The candles followed a community memorial that filled the TMHS commons.

http://juneauempire.com/local/2014-02-09/photos-mahle-memorial
Local
Local Sports Schedule, Feb. 7 - 17

...gear. This will be a time for students, families, and community members to share their stories and celebrate Brandon. A candle lit moment of silence will follow on the TMHS field.Saturday, Feb. 8SKIINGHome, 10 a.m., Montana Creek Classic. 6K...

http://juneauempire.com/sports/2014-02-06/local-sports-schedule-feb-7-17
Sports
Light a candle for Ernesto Guillen

...children involved. Family unity should be the main concern with them. I would like the Guillen family to know that I am going to light a candle for them, and pray for their continued family unity here in Juneau. Danielle Arreola Juneau

http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/123004/let_20041230021.shtml
Opinion
Photos: In remembrance

...Connor Swanson looks into the flame of his candle after its lighting it in honor of his...Alaskan AIDS Assistance Association a candle-lighting ceremony in a banquet room at the Baranof Hotel. Andrew Ingram lights a candle in remembrance of his friend, Jonathan...

http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/120209/loc_531198080.shtml
Child playing with lighter likely caused fire

FAIRBANKS - A child playing with a lighter, or perhaps a candle, likely caused an apartment fire in Fairbanks earlier this week. Fairbanks Fire Department officials say the Fairview Manor fire...

http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/112610/reg_741884060.shtml
Regional News

CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2270
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING